Thursday, October 11, 2012

I CAN do this

So, it's been close to a year since I posted anything here. I know I'm awful. My friend Mary will attest to this I am sure. But part of the reason that I haven't posted is because I am...

SCARED 

I've been hesitant to post any of my real work on here for fear that someone will say o wait is she talking about me? That conflict we had, the relationship we used to be in, any of the above. However in the words of Mary I just need to, "Pull a Taylor Swift and stop caring" So here I am pulling a Taylor Swift and not caring, sort of. I'm gonna try my hardest. Because in all fairness I would love to be Taylor Swift, well without the actual singing of course.
 Becoming a lyricist, or even a poet who can share her poems in a public place is my dream. We had a slam poet that performed at my school this fall, he told me I needed to get out there and start letting others hear my work. So while I'm not signing up for the next open mic night, I will post here for you wonderful audience members to enjoy.  
So now that I've rambled and put it off a little longer, below you will find my first piece to the public. Well of depth anyway...

When you walk by me next what will you see?
Have you ever really known the depth of me?
I tried my best to allow you in,
And now the pain wears me thin.
I want for you still to be the one, my only,
But I fear that you’ll leave me sad and lonely.
So soon is the day that the test is given,
And we’ll see if with me, you are still smitten. 


1 comment:

  1. This makes my heart smile and do back flips. I'm proud of you for putting yourself out there. :) I love the rhymes, they aren't forced which is beautiful. There's flow and rhythm but it doesn't distract; instead it gives this poem exposure of the bare bones of emotion.

    ReplyDelete